As the River Rises, Get the Latest Closures/Cancellations
It’s a little bit of deja-vu, as a week later, we’re watching water levels rise across the area. The Cedar River is rising, and expecting to crest at 18.6 feet by noon on Friday. And in preparation, more roads and other places are being closed, while some holiday events have been cancelled. Here’s the latest.
- 22nd Avenue SW between A Street SW and C Street SW is closed for flood preparations
- Ellis Blvd NW between Ellis Lane NW and Edgewood Road NW for flooding
- Ellis Road NW between Edgewood Road NW and F Avenue NW/Hwy 94 for flooding
- Old River Road SW between C Street SW and Big Bend Road for flooding
- 29th Avenue near Indian Creek School in Marion
- 10th Street at Boyson
- Fox Meadow Drive SE from East Post Road SE to Sunland Drive SE is closed to thru traffic due to mud.
- Meadowbrook Drive SE from Forest Drive SE to Washington Ave SE is closed due to pavement failures.
- A Avenue NE between 15th Street NE and 16th Street NE closed due to flash flooding.
- J Street SW @ Prairie Creek is closed due to creek flooding.
- Ellis Road between Edgewood Road NW and F Avenue NW is closed due to flash flooding.
- 11th Street SW between 3rd Avenue and 8th Avenue CLOSED (power lines)
- J Street SW at 33rd Avenue SW is closed to one lane of traffic (power lines)
Residents are reminded to heed all road detours and barricades and to avoid driving through standing water.
Cedar Boat Club has cancelled their July 3rd Fireworks show. It will now be held on September 6th.
Five Season Ski Team have also cancelled all their shows this week.
Other Current Closures:
- Boat ramps within the City limits are closed until approx. July 5th
- UPDATE – Power lines blocking Bever Pool cleared; pool to re-open for evening swim at 6:30p on 7/1 due to limited
- Cherokee Trail is closed until further notice.
- Apache Park ball diamond closed
- Jacolyn Park parking lot is inaccessible to low-profile cars
- Cedar Lake trail at the south end was flooded and is currently covered in mud.
- Jacolyn splash pad’s controller has suffered water damage and will be closed until repairs can be made.
- Bever Park’s Old MacDonald’s Farm is closed until Wednesday for storm clean up. (To reopen 7/3)
- Manhattan Pavilion in Ellis Park is closed until further notice. No reservations until further notice.
- Valley View Pavilion in Seminole Valley Park is closed until further notice. No reservations until further notice.
Park areas and playgrounds with portions closed due to wash out, debris and missing woodchips on playgrounds:
- Nixon Park ball diamond
- Daniels Park playground
- Shawnee Park playground
- Jacolyn Park playground
- Time Check playground
- Fox Trail playground
- Redmond Park
Trails with wash-outs/portions closed due to gravel washed out causing holes:
- Cherokee Park trail
- Nixon Park trail
- Van Buren Park trail
- Jackson Park trail
- Cherry Hill Park trail
- Noelridge gravel trail near pool
- Sac and Fox Trail