C.R. Police Announce Four Arrests After Trail Incident
The Cedar Rapids Police Department has revealed four young males have been arrested following a panicked woman's call to police two months ago today. The late-afternoon call came from a woman who was walking on the trail at Prairie Park Fishery on the city's southeast side.
I first told you about the reprehensible things said to the Cedar Rapids woman at the end of October. The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, told me four teens harassed her for upwards of 15 minutes. The language escalated to the point that the teens threatened to rape and sodomize her before she finally hid and called police. When they arrived, the boys were gone.
Cedar Rapids Police have announced they arrested a 12-year-old, 13-year-old, and two 14-year-old males in the case. All four have been charged with Harassment. Due to the fact they're juveniles, their names are not being released.
Cedar Rapids Police also offer these tips to those who spend time on area trails:
- When wearing headphones, keep the volume low and be extra cautious
- Keep track of where you are
- Carry identification and contact information
- Carry a cell phone to report emergencies
- Walkers should carry a lit flashlight at dusk or later
- Please report suspicious activities and material to authorities