Girl Scout Cookie Time Is Here: Check Out This Year’s Lineup
They're here! The cookies that make our mouth water every, single, year are back! Drum roll, please...
Ok, so I already gave one away. The S'mores cookie (crunchy graham sandwich cookies with a creamy chocolate and marshmallow filling) that was available for the first time last year returns to the lineup for 2018. They sold out quickly last year, so stock up on the S'mores right away!
The other six varieties of cookies available from the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois are:
- Thin mints: Crisp wafers covered in chocolaty coating made with natural oil of peppermint.
- Samoas: Delicious cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and striped with dark chocolaty coating.
- Tagalongs: (my favorite) Crispy vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating.
- Trefoils: Traditional shortbread cookies.
- Do-si-dos: Crunch oatmeal sandwich cookie with creamy peanut butter filling.
- Savannah smiles: Crisp, zesty lemon wedge cookies dusted with powdered sugar.
This year, S'mores are $5 a box. Traditional flavors are $4 per box.
You can also donate a box of cookies to the military thru this year's sales. A $4 donation represents a box of cookies that will go to Soldier's Angels and Riverbend Troop Support. They send care packages to military service members. The goal is to collect 2,018 cases of cookies here in 2018.
The 100+-year tradition of Girl Scout cookies sales continues. Orders will be taken beginning Friday, January 19.
[Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois]