Help Salute Hospitalized Veterans With Valentines For Vets
Each year when we approach mid-January, it's time for us to make our annual request for you to make Valentines For Vets.
We encourage individuals, families, church groups, and schools to make homemade valentines and deliver them to the KHAK studios by the close-of-business Thursday, February 8. The KHAK staff will then deliver them to veterans at the V.A. Hospital in Iowa City before Valentine's Day.
There are a just few things to keep in mind when making the valentines:
- Please do not use glitter! Yes, it's beautiful but it makes a mess and can be a health hazard at the hospital if it were to get in the wrong place. No cards with glitter can be distributed to patients. They have to be tossed out, so please don't use glitter of any kind.
- Please do not include candy as many patients aren't allowed to eat it. We don't want to tempt them or put them at risk.
- We also ask that only your first or last name (not both) are written on the valentines.
When your valentines are complete they can be dropped off at:
- Wild Hogs Saloon & Eatery: 350 Commercial Drive in Walford
- KHAK studios: 425 2nd St. SE in Cedar Rapids
You can also mail them to us (please make sure they arrive by February 8):
KHAK Valentines For Vets
425 2nd St. S.E.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Have fun and be creative. Thanks in advance for the incredible response to this campaign each and every year!