Hiawatha Presents a Summer Festival All Its Own
With St. Jude’s Sweet Corn Festival taking place this weekend, followed by Palo Fun Days the weekend of August 18-19 in Palo, August brings no shortage of fun for the whole family. My new community, Hiawatha, gets in on the action at the end of the month
Hiawatha Fun Fest is scheduled to return to Guthridge Park over the weekend of August 25-26. You’ll get to experience a variety of fun, family-friendly activities to wind down the summer.
Things begin the night of Friday, August 25 at 6 p.m. with a free concert featuring the music of our friends in 8 Seconds, followed at 9 by a free outdoor family movie screening under the moon (movie to be announced). Bring your lawn chair or blanket to these events and enjoy the other activities throughout the weekend.
Saturday features events such as:
- The 5k Firemen’s Run, starting at 8 a.m. You can still sign up for this run by registering HERE.
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, from 8-10 a.m.
- Hiawatha Parade, from 11 a.m.-noon
- Family activities, beginning at noon, including Macaroni Kid’s children’s crafts, junior firefighter obstacle, children’s festival games, face painting, trackless train and more.
- Food vendors on-site all day from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Community entertainment featuring CRSpirits, CRAG gymnastics and Dancers Edge from noon to 2 p.m.
- Hiawatha Police K9 Demo from 2-3 p.m.
- 42 Romeo Rock Band from 4-6 p.m.
- Breakfast Club Band from 6-9 p.m.
- Fireworks close the event Saturday night at dusk (around 9 p.m.)
All activities are free with a nominal cost for refreshments. Hiawatha Fun Days replaces the previously held annual “Hog Wild Days” but maintains the family appeal that is part of Hiawatha’s tradition. See the full schedule of events below.