The American Red Cross Has Put Out an Emergency Call for Blood
According to CBS 2, The American Red Cross has put out an emergency call for donors. The article states, “In the last two months there were 61,000 fewer donations given than expected. The Red Cross says in turn, that causes a big draw on the blood supply.” They are looking for blood and platelet donations of all kinds.
If you’re interested in giving blood, the American Red Cross website has everything you need to know, including upcoming blood drives in the local area. Here are some of the ones listed for Eastern Iowa for July and August:
- Grant Wood Chapter Neighborhood Blood Drive – 6300 Rockwell Dr NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Saturday, July 15, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, July 24, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, August 5, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, August 14, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, August 19, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, August 28, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Newman Catholic Student Center – 104 E Jefferson St., Iowa City, IA 52245
- Monday July 31st, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.