Valentine’s Day By The Numbers
While you are enjoying our Peck's Flower Shop "holiday pink" website this week, I thought it would be a good time to take a look at some facts and figures surrounding the holiday. The British website Female First has put the microscope on Valentine's Day.
- About half of single men surveyed say they'd rather be in a dead-end relationship than alone.
- Flowers don't always have to come from your significant other. 10% of people have sent THEMSELVES flowers on Valentine's Day.
- 40% of women think it's a cliché to propose on Valentine's Day.
- $1 billion will be spent globally on chocolate this weekend.
- 27% of WOMEN will buy flowers this Valentine's Day
- 220,000 people will propose Friday.
- 3% of pet owners will get their furry friend a gift.
- The majority of roses shipped originate in South America.