Westside Cedar Rapids Has POWERBALL FEVER!
Be proud, Westsiders! The Hy-Vee on Wilson Avenue SW has sold more Powerball tickets than any other location in Iowa…FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS! That’s some serious faith in the digits, so I figured since this week’s jackpot is estimated to be $650 MILLION, I’d head over to Cedar Rapids’ Powerball shrine and grab a ticket.
Since the Powerball jackpots start at $40 million, it’s been quite a long time since anyone won this. According to my friend Mary Neubauer from the Iowa Lottery, over the history of Powerball, Iowa Lottery players have won eight jackpots, including the $241 MILLION prize claimed by The shipping 20 from Quaker Oats. So, as we head into Wednesday’s drawing, here are a few things to remember:
- You can’t win if you don’t play. Yeah. Sounds simple, but so many people just push away from the counter at the local convenience store without taking the chance. Just do it.
- The cutoff to buy for Wednesday’s drawing is 8:59 p.m. NOTE TO SELF! Buy early, because the lines will probably be long.
- Once you win, hit me up via email at Jaymz.email@example.com Hey, I’m a great guy to hang out with and have no problem spending your money!
- The first three things you do after you win and email me are to get a financial advisor, tax attorney and general counsel. I know, I know…it’s a lot of people, but there will be the wall between you and me and all the people who want your money.
- Finally, I’m your best friend. Really. I have liked you ever since you started listening to me on the radio. Seriously. We are pals. For real.