5 Vintage Star Wars Toys You Wish You Still Had
I may be dating myself a bit here, but how many of you grew up with the original Star Wars movies? I was born in 1974, so when Star Wars came out in 1977, I was hooked! I remember my parents getting me some of the original action figures. Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2D2, and countless others. As I got older and more Star Wars movies came out in 1980, The Empire Strikes Back, and in 1983, Return of the Jedi, my toy collection grew. But like many boys and their toys, I played with mine. No, make that, I destroyed many of my action figures. If only I'd known how iconic and collectible those toys would become!
I went back recently and listed some of my favorite Star Wars toys that I had when I was a kid. While I had many of the actions figures, I certainly didn't have every character and ship that Mattel made. I then looked up what some of those toys are going for on eBay in the year 2022, and like many fans, I found out that taking care of your toys as a child can really pay off! Here are the five most expensive Star Wars toys I wish I still had!
5. Jabba the Hut Play Set - This was released in 1984 following the debut of Return of the Jedi in 1983. It featured Jabba sitting on his slab, and even came with his creepy companion named Salacious Crumb. Price on eBay - $180.
4. The Ewok Village Play Set - This toy playset also came out after the release of Return of the Jedi. It featured three Ewok huts in the trees of Endor. It also came with two Ewoks and other cool accessories. Price on eBay - $225
3. The Rancor Monster - This bad boy also was released shortly after Return of the Jedi, but also made a triumphant return during The Book of Bobba Fett on Disney +. I actually still have this toy, minus the action figure he came with. Mine is not in good condition, however. One that is in good shape goes for $245 on eBay.
2. Star Wars Land Speeder - Here is a toy that goes all the way back to the original Star Wars movie. I remember having this and letting all my action figures ride in it. I wish I'd kept mine in better shape. Price on eBay - $320
1. Luke Skywalker Action Figure - What if I had saved all those original Star Wars action figures I'd owned? If I'd kept them safe and in their original packages, they'd be worth a small fortune. I mean I had Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, and yes, the original Luke Skywalker. Today, one in mint condition goes for up to $6,000.
If you're a Star Wars fan and still have some of the toys, tell me which is your favorite and if you have any expensive ones put away in storage! And of course, May the Force be With You!