Cedar Rapids Market After Dark Returns this Saturday
Fall will be in full swing by this weekend, just in time for you to enjoy Saturday night's annual edition of the "Market After Dark", from the same folks at the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance who spearhead the Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmer's Market.
A few new details have been announced for Market After Dark, which encourages a slightly more grown-up atmosphere as compared to the Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmers Markets on Saturday mornings.
Iowa's News Now has reported they are doing a theme of sorts this year, alongside Alliant Energy, calling it "Lighting the Night". More than 100 vendors will be on hand, plus entertainment and special lighted attractions. The event runs from 6:30 to 11 p.m. and some changes to the layout have been announced to encourage social distancing.
There will be three different entertainment venues
- A country music stage will be set up at 3rd St. between 3rd and 4th Avenues, featuring Gina Owens
- Another stage at 2nd St. between 2nd and 3rd Avenues will feature pop-punk group Tom's Top 8
- Green Square will host Clife DJ Company, playing various types of music and hosting a photo-booth
Lighting the Night with Alliant Energy
- Light-up ballerinas at 5th Street and 3rd Avenue SE and various street artists
- More than 100 vendors will offer a unique variety of prepared food, baked goods, produce and material goods that differ from the usual morning market fare.
Social-distancing measures will be in place
Attendees will be encouraged to walk in a one-way directional loop (similar to that of the current setup at the Saturday morning markets). A special seating area will also be set up at the corner of 3rd St. and 3rd Ave.