Could You Complete Any of These Iowa Eating Challenges? [PHOTOS]
Do you have what it takes?!
If you've ever seen the show Man v. Food, you know that America is home to some incredibly difficult eating challenges. Some of those challenges are right here in the state of Iowa!
After doing a ton of googling, I uncovered some interesting eating challenges in Eastern Iowa and beyond. Here are a few of the tough ones:
Belly Buster Top Sirloin
- Available at Rube's Steakhouse in Montour
- You must finish a 54 oz. USDA Prime Black Angus Sirloin (no time limit)
- Cost is $68
- Prize is a t-shirt and a photo on the Wall of Fame
Adam Emmenecker Challenge
- Available at Jethro's BBQ in Des Moines
- You have 15 minutes to finish a four-pound sandwich consisting of a spicy pickle bun, a pork tenderloin, Buffalo chicken tenders, white cheddar sauce, fried cheese cubes, Texas brisket, Applewood smoked bacon, and a cheeseburger, plus a pound of waffle fries
- Cost is $39.95
- Prize is a t-shirt and a photo on the Wall of Fame, and the cost of the meal is waved
Big World Pizza Challenge
- Available at Pizza World in Cedar Rapids
- First, make a reservation at Pizza World. Then, choose one topping for your pizza. You and one friend will will have 30 minutes to complete the pizza, which is two-feet around and weighs 15 pounds.
- Cost is $32
- Prize is a t-shirt and your photo on the Wall of Fame, plus the cost of the pizza is waived
Bad Boy Burrito Challenge
- Available at Papa Juan's in Cedar Rapids
- You have 30 minutes to complete a six-pound burrito filled with rice, beans, diced jalapenos, taco meat, grilled chicken, grilled steak, chorizo, 5 types of cheese including Ghost Pepper and Carolina Reaper, Mexican veggies, lettuce, tomato, onions, sour cream, and hot salsa
- Cost is $29.99
- Prize is a t-shirt, a photo on the Wall of Fame, and a $50 gift cards, and the price of the burrito is waived
Wanna Iguana Challenge
- Available at Blue Iguana Mexican Cantina in Le Claire
- You have 30-minutes to finish a six-pound burrito with your choice of meat, a side of rice and beans, and a 24 oz. draft beer
- Cost is $40
- Prizes include a photo on the hall of fame and the price of the meal is waived
Lake Monster Sandwich
- Available at Papa's Pizzeria in Polk City
- You have 20 minutes to complete a sandwich that consists of a small thin Meatza pizza, a 10 oz. tenderloin, 4 chicken strips, a 3/4 lb. bacon cheeseburger, mac n cheese sauce, lettuce, and a bun, plus 12 oz. of onion rings
- Cost is $30.99
- Prize is a t-shirt and a photo on the Wall of Fame, plus the cost of the meal is waived
Do you think you could complete any of these challenges? Let us know in the comments!
Eastern Iowa Restaurants That Opened/Reopened/Relocated in 2021
LOTS of new restaurants opened here in Eastern Iowa in 2021! Here are a list of them, plus restaurants that reopened or relocated.
Brain & Courtlin's 2021 Listener Lunch Stops
We ate some REAL good food in the five months that we did Listener Lunch this year! Here are some photos from all of the awesome local restaurants.