Courtlin’s Top 5 Favorite Places to Order Mac & Cheese in Iowa
Happy National Mac & Cheese Day!
Today is one of my favorite food holidays, because it's all about one of my favorite go-to comfort foods. You can probably figure this out just by looking at me, but mac and cheese is a staple of my diet.
When it comes to mac & cheese, I'm not too picky. I'll eat it from a box, I'll eat the frozen kind, I'll eat it baked, I'll eat it deep-fried... anyway you want to serve it is fine with me! I do have my favorites, though, especially here in Eastern Iowa.
In honor of today's holiday, I put together a list of my top five favorite restaurants to order mac & cheese here in the Corridor. The list is in no particular order, except for number one. That actually is my number one favorite! Without further ado, here are my picks:
- The Edison Pub & Eatery - 475 Northland Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
- Iowa Chop House - 223 E Washington St, Iowa City
- White Star Ale House - 305 2nd Ave SE, Cedar Rapids
- Daisy's Garage - 5240 Edgewood Rd NE, Cedar Rapids
- Big Grove Brewery - 1225 S Gilbert St, Iowa City
Now it's your turn! Who do you think serves the best mac & cheese in Eastern Iowa? Let us know in the comments below! Here are some of the comments we got on Facebook:
- Greg Yokanovich - "Vivian's Soul Food. Full stop."
- Joe Miller - "Lucky's on 16th"
- Bethany Harms - "Big Grove and Wig & Pen, hands down!"
- Angie Martin-Conrad - "West End Diner in Marion has delicious mac n cheese!"
- Dana Coppes Johnson - "You have to try Nelson’s Meat Market’s Mac & Cheese! It is definitely my family’s favorite."
- Terry Goedken - "Blackstone"
- Sharon Abbott - "Sugah Peach"