Iowa Was Ranked One of the Best States to Live
But the criteria is NOT even CLOSE to what you'd expect...
What makes a state a great place to live? Well, there are things like affordability, low crime rates, high employment rates, etc., but then there are THESE qualifications:
- Arby’s locations per capita
- Vape shops per capita
- Google searches by people looking to buy a hoverboard
- Google searches for egg salad recipes
- Total number of Nickelback concerts per capita held in each state
- Facebook fans of singer Chris Brown
- Magicians per capita
- People expressing interest in goop, Gwyneth Paltrow’s lifestyle publication
Obviously this was not your average survey, but it doesn't matter, because Iowa still did great! Out of 50 states and D.C., we ranked #40 on the list (#1 was the worst). Although we came 3rd in the nation for people who eat egg salad and 8th for Nickelback concerts, we were almost dead last for vape shops and people who like "Goop." Yay?
To see the rankings of all 50 states, click HERE.