Lost Island Opening This Weekend
Just in time for summer AND 90+ degree weather, a Cedar valley summer staple is re-opening. Lost Island, the largest waterpark in the state of Iowa, opens its gates again this Saturday, June 20. Notable, this is the first official day of summer.
On their website, the park insures customers that in the wake of this pandemic, they're taking steps to keep everyone including their team safe.
Safety measures include:
- All crew members will have their temperature checked prior to the start of their shift.
- All crew members will be required to wear masks while working.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at touch points throughout the park.
- Added cleaning of bathrooms, lockers, handrails, and dining areas.
- Maximum park attendance will be limited and on a first-come-first-admitted basis. Throughout the summer you will be able to check the current attendance limit on our website.
- Queues will be marked with appropriate distances between groups
- The number of available chairs will be based on social distancing.
- Life jackets will be sanitized.
- Tubes will still be returned in designated areas in order to maintain proper sanitizing measures.
- We will continue to maintain healthy chlorine levels tested four times daily.
Lost Island is asking customers to avoid visiting the park if they or a family member has been ill in the past 14 days.
Hey, summer is not a total washout (PUN INTENDED!) this year! Lost Island is located off highway 218.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Downtown Waterloo Restaurants THEN & NOW