Old MacDonald’s Farm in Cedar Rapids Has Opened for the Season
A popular summer destination for families in the Cedar Rapids area is officially welcoming guests for the season! As of Monday, May 2nd, Old MacDonald's Farm at Bever Park in Cedar Rapids is open.
Old MacDonald's Farm is a free petting zoo that is considered a city landmark. It's been around for over 100 years! There are a variety of different animals that you can visit with this year, including "calves, chickens, pygmy goats, lambs, rabbits, ducklings, and piglets," KCRG reports. Unfortunately, the ducks and chickens won't be out because of the bird flu.
Old MacDonald's Farm will be hosting lots of different events this summer, like movie night, their County Fair, youth classes, and even goat yoga! Here are details on a few of those activities:
Movie Night at the Farm
- Friday, August 26th at 8 p.m.
- Showing A Bug's Life (1998)
- Free to attend
- Saturday, September 24th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Featuring hayrack rides, booths, a scavenger hunt, a pie contest, and more
- Free to attend (donation recommended)
Adult Goat Yoga
- Saturday, June 4th at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 15th at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 29th at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 2nd at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 20th at 5:30 p.m.
- Ages 13+
- Cost is $12 per person
Child & Adult Goat Yoga
- Wednesday, June 8th at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22nd at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 6th at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13th at 5:30 p.m.
- Ages 6+ with an adult
- Cost is $12 for adults and $5 for children
In addition to these various events, the farm is also available for birthday parties, goat yoga parties, group tours, and virtual school tours.
Old MacDonald's Farm is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through September 25th. A minimum $1 donation is recommended for entry. You can check out their 2022 newsletter HERE.