Springville Family Loses Home In Weekend Fire
Very sad news to report out of Linn County over the weekend. According to CBS2, "A fire Saturday afternoon destroyed a home in Springville and sent a man to the hospital."
Fire crews were called to 407 High Avenue around 3:30 p.m. When they arrived, the entire home was on fire. Investigators believe the fire was started by a grill that the homeowner was using.
Crews battled the blaze and were able to extinguish the fire. The homeowner was treated for non-life threating injuries but his home is considered a complete loss. The Red Cross has been in contact with the family, but they still need our help.
There has been a go fund me page set up for anyone that wants to donate. You can visit that page at this link. You can also drop off donations for the family at Sally's on Broadway. The address for Sally's is 263 Broadway Street, in Springville.
According to the go fund me page: "The family lost everything in their home and help would be greatly appreciated. It would be amazing to raise at least $5000.00 by the end of March to help them out."
Let's do what we can to help out this local family.