The Christmas Songs Iowans Absolutely HATE
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Christmas music, but, there are a handful of songs I could do without!
A new article from the website Best Life outlines some of the most hated Christmas songs of all time, and I liked their list the second I saw the number one song! The site says that "The Christmas Shoes" by NewSong is the worst Christmas song ever, and I agree 100%. The article reads:
"Nothing kills the holiday mood quite like the lyric 'Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time.'"
I remember the first time I ever heard "The Christmas Shoes." I was in the car with my mom, and I was at an age where it wasn't "cool" to cry in front of your parents. As I silently sobbed in the backseat, I wondered why anyone would make a Christmas song that's SO SAD. Isn't Christmas supposed to be a joyful time of year? I don't want to feel depressed when I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit!
Some of the other most hated songs on Best Life's list include "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney, "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid, and "The Chipmunk Song."
We decided to take the debate to Facebook and figure out which holiday songs Iowans hate the most! Here are some of the comments:
- Jillisa Claye - "'Last Christmas' by Wham!"
- Brianne Adina Willmott - "Dominic the Donkey"
- Amanda Kistner - "Any song by Mariah Carey"
- Tracy Clemann - "Christmas in Iowa!!!"
- Ashley Eckhoff - "George Strait's 'Christmas Cookies'"
- Bonnie Alderson Clubb - "Santa Baby"
- Bryan Hole - "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"
- Rose Marie Lemmer - "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
- Haley Meyer - "ALL OF THEM"
Is there a Christmas song that you really don't enjoy? Let us know in the comments below!
Iowa’s Rich List: Famous Iowans And What They Are Worth