The Top 10 Songs People Play To Keep Calm
A lot of people listen to music to relax and de-stress, so a new survey asked people which songs they turn on to keep calm.
It's worth noting: The survey was done in Britain...and I'm not exactly sure on what demographics they were asking, but the Top 10 songs are popular in the states too.
Here they are:
1. "What A Wonderful World", Louis Armstrong
2. "Let It Be", The Beatles
3. "Your Song", Elton John
4. "Someone Like You", Adele
5. "Hello", Adele
6. "Fix You", Coldplay
7. "I Say A Little Prayer", Aretha Franklin
8. "Orinoco Flow", Enya
9. "Morning Has Broken", Cat Stevens
10. "Beautiful Day", U2
This list makes me wonder, what are AMERICAN'S favorite songs to de-stress too? Specifically, 97-7 KCRR listeners and classic rock fans. To clarify, I don't think the songs necessarily have to be slow in tempo...they can be fast...in fact, I love to blow off some steam by just ROCKING OUT, as well as, kicking back and relaxing with a "mellow" tune. So, I suppose it's all relative to what is your definition of "calm".
I'll get us started with my Top 5:
1. "Already Gone" - The Eagles -- (pretty much anything by the Eagles!)
2. "Free Fallin" - Tom Petty -- (one of my all-time favorites)
3. "Fuel" - Metallica -- (a great song to just crank up as loud as your speakers can handle, and JAM OUT!)
4. "Behind Blue Eyes" - The Who (sometimes a song to "calm you down", can be just one of your favorites)
5. "Boys of Summer" - Don Henley (the definition of a great "chill out" song...)
What's your favorite song to keep calm,relax,de-stress to? Let us know on the KCRR Facebook page