What Products Will You Only Buy Name Brand?
When I go grocery shopping, there are plenty of items that I have no problem buying generic versions of, but sometimes you just have to have that brand name product!
Yesterday, Brain revealed to me that he is a bit of a ketchup snob! When it comes to ketchup, he will ONLY eat Heinz. Ketchup all tastes the same to me, so I don't really care for one brand or another, but there is another product I will only buy one brand of! If I'm looking for pepper jack cheese slices, I will ONLY buy Sargento. If they're out, then I go home empty handed. I've tried all the other brands, but Sargento has the best!
We asked you to share the products that you'll only buy name-brand, and there were a TON of responses! Here are some of them:
- Sarah Farmer - "I will only eat Daisy brand cottage cheese. The other brands are just nasty!"
- Tyler Dickenson - "Hidden Valley Ranch. All other ranches, throw it in the trash."
- Amanda Rabey - "Dawn Dish Soap. I’ve tried off brands and nothing else gets the grease off."
- Ann Wink - "Kraft Macaroni and Cheese"
- LuAnn White - "Bread... Sara Lee only!!!!!"
- Amy Croskey Casey - "BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Rays only! In the rare occasion, we will by Cookies BBQ sauce but that’s it, no generics!"
- Charles Connel - "My wife only will eat Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs."
- Ashley Soukup - "Windex. I know... weird. Love the smell!"
- Anita Hueser Crow - "Philadelphia brand cream cheese only!"
- Theresa Amling - "The start of the pandemic reconfirmed that Charmin is the only toilet paper option... period. Bought a cheaper brand due to limited supply, and it was awful!"
- Amanda Jo Pflughaupt Heim - "Pop! Never buy the store brands!"
- Myka Forrest - "Oreos"
- Becca Swise - "Kraft Sliced Cheese is a staple in our household."
- Sara Murray - "Milk, Anderson Erickson only."
- Ashley Wood - "My husband will only eat pickle spears from Clausen."
- Stephanie Fuller - "Jiff Peanut Butter"
- Christina Robidoux - "Frosted Flakes. All the generic versions don't taste right."
- Misty Nelson - "I will only buy Hellman's Mayo, never generic."
What's a product that you will only buy name-brand? Let us know in the comments!
How Well Do You Know Cedar Rapids?