Where Iowans Can Get Special Deals On Nat’l French Fry Day
One of the great things about America is...we have a holiday for everything. Today is a special day for one of our favorite foods, it's National French Fry Day (Tues. July 13). Today is set aside to honor the greatness that are french fries. The average American eats nearly 30 pounds of french fries each year. But, hey no "guilt trips" about how "they're bad for you", nope, not today. Besides, most experts say two servings or less a week won't hurt you. So, indulge today with your favorite fries and celebrate the day at your favorite restaurant or make your own at home.
Here's a list of special deals for today (available at participating locations):
- Arby's: If you're signed up for the chain's emails, get a free large fries with a purchase when you show an email through July 18. Choose either curly or crinkle fries.
- Burger King: $1 large fries on the BK app.
- Hardee's: Get a free small fry and small drink when you purchase any Original Angus Burger. You’ll need to sign up for Hardee’s e-mail newsletter to get your coupon.
- McDonald's: Score free medium-size fries on your MyMcDonald’s Rewards on their app by adding a side of medium fries to your cart and then checking out using mobile order and pay. Plus, this week, one lucky fan can win a lifetime of free fries by entering their contest on Twitter.
- Wendy's: Get free Pub Fries with offers on the Wendy's app you make a mobile purchase, and you can score a medium fry with the purchase of a Premium Sandwich.
What's your favorite condiment to put on fries?
According to a National Today survey, ketchup is #1 far and away, everybody's favorite thing to dunk 'em in. #2 is ranch dressing (especially here in Iowa), followed by cheese sauce, which is a favorite in our household. I even dunk fries in barbeque sauce, but never mayo, yikes! Some folks even dunk them in their milkshake. I've tried this, it's not terrible. Or here's something else I like to dunk my fries in...hot sauce. Yeah buddy.
What about other toppings?
There's the traditional salt, but I like adding seasoning salt or kicking it up a notch with something like Frank's RedHot seasoning blend. Lastly, you can't forget about chili cheese fries, delicious! Nowadays, with everything happening in the world, we need a reason to smile. So, whether, you enjoy your favorite restaurant's fries today, or make them at home and try a new condiment or a new seasoning, enjoy, as America's favorite "side" takes center stage.