You Can Get a Free Lunch for Donating to Disaster Relief
Life is very slowly starting to return to normal here in Eastern Iowa after the devastating derecho that hit Eastern Iowa on August 10th, but there are still plenty of people in need. That's why the Linn County Solid Waste Agency is taking your donations this week in exchange for a free meal.
According to a new article from KCRG, the Linn County Solid Waste Agency is collecting food and other useful items for their "Fill the Trailer" donation event. It started yesterday and will continue throughout the week. Some of the suggested items you can donate include canned goods, diapers, toilet paper, and paper towels. Items should be dropped off in the main parking lot at their location at 1954 County Home Road in Marion.
Aside from feeling good from helping people in need, there is another incentive to donate. Just for dropping off some items, you'll be invited to enjoy a free lunch from Hy-Vee on Friday, September 4th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The article says the lunch will consist of "burgers, brats, hot dogs, chips, cookies, pop, and water."
The Linn County Solid Waste Agency recently extended their days/hours for Iowans that need to get rid of storm debris. Their Facebook page says their hours this week are:
- 1954 County Home Road - Marion (accepts tree debris, yard waste, and garbage)
- Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Monday for Labor Day
- 2250 A Street SW - Cedar Rapids (accepts tree debris and yard waste only)
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You can read more on their storm response HERE.