Your 2022 Guide to Eastern Iowa Apple Orchards [LIST]
Fall is on its way, and there are plenty of places in Eastern Iowa to celebrate! Here are some of the popular apple orchards where you can pick your own apples in 2022:
- 4823 Dingleberry Rd NE, Iowa City
- You-Pick Apple Season began August 10th
- You can check out the schedule of "What's Picking" HERE
- Apple cider, apple cider donuts, and hard cider are available in the Farm Market
- Hours are Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 5801 N 10th St, Marion
- U-Pick Apple Season began Saturday, August 20th
- Apple cider donuts and donut holes are available in the Orchard Store
- "In addition to U-pick, you may enjoy our firetruck, swings, playground set, visiting the goats and yard games. Hayrack rides are given ONLY on the weekends when the weather permits and if one of our tour guides is available."
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2469 Highway 2, Donnellson
- Apple cider donuts and apple fritters & pastries are available in the Market Store
- "Join us at Appleberry Acres, our fun farm play area, for all sorts of terrific fun! Your kids will have a blast playing on our Tire Sand Pile, Play House, Horse & Wagon, Ring Toss, Checkerboard, Straw Hut, & Corn Stalk Teepees."
- September hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- October hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Gravert’s Apple Basket Orchard
- 54757 Hwy. 52, Sabula
- Opening weekend began Saturday, August 27th
- "You can pick your own apples at Gravert's! Enjoy the freedom to stroll around the orchard looking for that perfect apple. We have a wide choice to select from each week."
- Cider, apple pie, caramel apples, and cider donuts are available on weekends inside the store
- Open Monday & Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday & Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Big Apple Orchard
- 1115 US-30 W, Mount Vernon
- U-Pick Apple Season began in early September
- Apple cider donuts, cider, and cider slushies are available in the Orchard Store
- Open Saturdays & Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Apples on the Avenue
- 3035 Addison Blvd, Nashua
- Opening day for U-Pick Apple Season is September 2nd
- Caramel apples, apple cider, and apple pies are available at the Apple Shed
- Open Thursday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you just want fresh apples without doing any work, there are some other apple orchards in Eastern Iowa where they do all the picking for you! Check out Czipar's Apple Orchard in Dubuque, Peake Orchards in Waukon, Bryant Orchards in Morning Sun, and Jefferson Greenhouse & Orchard in Dunkerton.
Photos That Show the Beauty of Iowa
LOOK: The most extreme temperatures in the history of every state
Stacker consulted 2021 data from the NOAA's State Climate Extremes Committee (SCEC) to illustrate the hottest and coldest temperatures ever recorded in each state. Each slide also reveals the all-time highest 24-hour precipitation record and all-time highest 24-hour snowfall.
Keep reading to find out individual state records in alphabetical order.