Fire slightly damaged a Cedar Falls business on Monday.

According to Fire Chief John Bostwick, improperly stored cleaning rags started sparked the fire at Horny Toad American Bar and Grill, 204 Main Street. Bostwick said the rags spontaneously combusted and sparked a small grease fire in a back room.

Firefighters and public safety officers were called to the business around 5:15 AM. When crews arrived, they found the fire was already out. Bostwick credited the quick actions of an upstairs tenant for extinguishing the fire before it spread beyond the rear room.

According to Bostwick, Andrew Hancock heard a smoke alarm and called 911. Hancock went down to the restaurant and put the fire out with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived.

The fire forced the business to close for the day on Monday. Following clean-up, the restaurant was open for business again on Tuesday.

More From 104-5 KDAT