Five Things That Iowa Needs to Put on it’s Christmas List
Here are the five things Iowa needs most for Christmas:
5. Iowa needs a Captain Crunch ice cream CONE. Not just a cup of vanilla ice cream with bits of crushed cereal mixed into it, but an actual cone made out of Captain Crunch! In fact why stop there? Bring me Trix and a Coco-Puffs cone, too!
4. Iowa needs a Lucky Charms milkshake for St. Patrick’s Day! Yes, someone should tell McDonald's that maybe we've had enough of the green mint shamrock shakes...how about creating a Lucky Charms milkshake for St. Patrick’s Day?
3. Iowa needs a good place in the Corridor to get authentic Louisiana shrimp gumbo! There is nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of hot and spicy flavorful gumbo.
2. Iowa needs a good Seafood Restaurant in the Corridor. Yes, we may be landlocked, but we can hope for a place with fresh lobster, crab and other delights from the sea. If Red Lobster is the best we can do, call me unimpressed. Let's get crackin' on this.
1. Iowa needs a genuine Soul Food Restaurant...wait, we actually have one! It is one dining place that is sure worth a return visit: Vivian’s Soul Food on Cedar Rapids' Southwest side of town. Vivian's has an incredible menu that includes crispy delicious fried chicken and catfish, genuine collard greens, and amazing mac ‘n cheese.
It is some of the best comfort food I've ever tasted and the portions are quite generous. Vivian's Soul Food is a family owned restaurant located on 4342 16th Ave. SE in Cedar Rapids.
Wouldn't these five ideas make for a better Iowa holiday?