How to get the Best Night Sleep
National Sleep Awareness Week
You may have lost an hour of sleep pushing your clock ahead but here are the best tips for you to get the best night of sleep. March 10th through the 16th is National Sleep Awareness Week.
- Do something dull. Sort laundry or do taxes. Do something mundane to promote sleep.
- Drink milk. Milk contains substances that relax the body. Don't think it has to be warm milk, either will do.
- Keep the bedroom dark. Even with your eyes closed, light interferes with sleep. Avoid night lights, illuminated clocks, and close the shades tightly.
- Keep the bedroom cool and the bed warm. The ideal sleeping situation is to be bundled up warmly in a room that's well ventilated room that's a bit chilly.
- Have an herbal tea before bed. Not too much but sip some chamomile, passionflower, or hawthorn tea. People say it helps put them to sleep but again, if you drink a lot of anything before bed, it will have the adverse effect.
- Use your bed for sleep. There are 2 main reasons for your bed and we won't get into one. But if you do crossword puzzles, read, or watch TV, degisnated it for the chair and keep the thought process of you bed is only used for sleep and it will help you fall asleep faster and have better rest.
My favorite night sleep is taking the sheets right out of the dryer and taking a shower before bed. Clean sheets and a clean body always feels good climbing into bed.