Full Capacity Planned at Kinnick Stadium, Iowa Readies Single Game Sales
The Iowa Hawkeyes 2020 football season was a very unique one, to say the least. It wasn't going to happen at all. Then, it started late with an abbreviated schedule. The Hawks qualified for the Music City Bowl against Missouri. Unfortunately, the game was canceled just days before it was scheduled to be played when the Tigers had a COVID-19 outbreak on the team. It was just a small fraction of the craziness that the year dealt all of us. Thankfully, it appears normalcy is returning to Kinnick Stadium this year.
The University of Iowa has announced plans to allow full capacity at Kinnick Stadium this fall. Can't you already hear "Back in Black" blasting from the PA and the crowd roaring as the Hawks head down the tunnel? I just had a shiver of joy thinking about it. It has the chance to be a fun season. ESPN's latest Power Rankings have Iowa at #14.
Season tickets are still on sale HERE. Beginning Sunday, July 11, Iowa will put single-game tickets on sale to members of the I-Club, as well as season ticket holders.
The general public will be able to buy single-game tickets beginning on Thursday, July 15.
Of note, is that all tickets will be mobile this season. Tickets will be accessible on the Hawkeye Sports App, a link via email, or an account login at Hawkeyesports.com/myaccount. Tickets should not be printed, as they're optimized for display on smartphones.
The Hawkeye football schedule is below. Home games are bold. Go Hawks!
- September 4 versus Indiana (#11 in ESPN's Power Rankings) 2:30 p.m. on BTN
- September 11 at Iowa State (#6 in ESPN's Power Rankings) 2:30 p.m. on ABC
- September 18 versus Kent State 2:30 p.m. on BTN
- September 25 versus Colorado State TBA
- October 1 at Maryland 7 p.m. on FS1
- October 9 versus Penn State (#23 in ESPN's Power Rankings) TBA
- October 16 versus Purdue 2:30 p.m. TV TBA
- October 30 at Wisconsin 11 a.m. (#18 in ESPN's Power Rankings) TV TBA
- November 6 at Northwestern TBA
- November 13 versus Minnesota TBA
- November 20 versus Illinois TBA
- November 26 at Nebraska 12:30 p.m. BTN
Photos That Show the Beauty of Iowa
10 Little Iowa Towns Known For Big Things