Iowans, If You Use This Hair Product You Need To Get Rid Of It Right Now
A dangerous chemical found in hair products sold in Iowa is prompting a recall.
Unilever issued a voluntary recall for several of its popular dry shampoos. It affects the products sold in the United States and the 19 brands in the recall are ones that you would easily find at just about any Iowa supermarket or drugstore.
According to ABC11, the recall is in place due to benzene found in the product, which is a chemical that's known to cause cancer. Humans are exposed to benzene daily in things like detergent and tobacco smoke but it's contingent on the amount of benzene we're exposed to and for how long. We're exposed to it be inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the exposure can cause leukemia and blood cancer.
I've never met a person who has any amount of good hair who has never used dry shampoo so this is an important one. And considering how the shelves at some of the local stores looked this summer, I know y'all have been using some of these.
Recalled Dry Shampoos
Here are the dry shampoos Unilever is recalling out of an "abundance of caution", according to a press release from the company.
- Dove Dry Shampoo Volume and Fullness
- Dove Dry Shampoo Go Active
- Dove Dry Shampoo Fresh Coconut
- Dove Dry Shampoo Fresh and Floral
- Dove Dry Shampoo Clarifying Charcoal
- Dove Dry Shampoo Invisible
- Dove Dry Shampoo Detox and Purify
- Dove Dry Shampoo Ultra Clean
- Suave Dry Shampoo Hair Refresher
- Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Refresh and Revive
- Nexxus Dry Shampoo Refreshing Mist
- Nexxus Inergy Foam Shampoo
- TRESemme Dry Shampoo Volumizing
- TRESemme Dry Shampoo Fresh and Clean
- TRESemme Pro Pure Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Oh Bee Hive Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Oh Bee Hive Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo