June Is Upon Us! Here’s Some FUN Things To Look Forward To This Month
It's SUMMER TIME baby! June is here, and these are some things to look forward to in the new month:
- The first (officially) day of summer is on June 21st. That's also the longest day of the year in terms of sunlight.
- Some movies hitting theaters include "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" on June 7th, "Men in Black International", "Shaft" on June 14th, "Toy Story 4" and "Child's Play" on June 21st.
- A couple TV premieres you might want on your radar are Season 5 of AMC's "Fear the Walking Dead" this Sunday and Season 3 of Hulu's "The Handmaid's Tale" next Wednesday.
- Gamers will be scouring the web for E3 coverage from June 11th to June 13th.
- If you're into award shows, "CMT Music Awards" go down on CMT Wednesday, June 5th, "The 73rd Annual Tony Awards" will air on CBS next Sunday, June 9th and the "MTV Movie & TV Awards" go down on June 17th.
- In sports, the NBA Finals are going on now between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors, the Stanley Cup will be awarded to either the Boston Bruins or St. Louis Blues. And for golf fans, the U.S. Open is June 13th through 16th.
- LOTS of area festivals and celebrations start in June. For a complete list of all the happenings in (and around) the Cedar Valley this summer, check us out here.
- And finally, the holidays: The only one you really need to mark on your calendar is Father's Day, which is on the 16th. But there are some fun, smaller holidays this month, including: National Cheese Day on June 4th, National Selfie Day on June 21st, and National Nude Day on June 28th.