One Iowa Town Makes America’s Most Beautiful Small Towns List
A recent ranking put out by Architectural Digest claims to have a list of the most beautiful small towns in America. About 50 locations from all over The US made it onto this list.
One small town in Iowa also found itself on this list.
How They Got These Numbers
A few different things were used to make these judgments. A few things Architectural Digest looked at include,
- The history
- natural beauty
We looked at easy access to nature, the presence of historic or design districts, and topography that’s appealing in its own right—whether it’s beaches or mountains, or maybe a riverside perch.
Some other beautiful spots that made it onto the list that you may want to visit are as follows:
- Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin - We actually wrote about this one. Learn more here...
- Lake Geneva, Wisconsin - We also wrote about this one. Learn more here...
- Galena, Illinois - Oh wow... we wrote about this one too. Learn more here...
- Rocheport, Missouri - Two hours from both Kansas City and St. Louis.
- Grand Marais, Minnesota - There is a vast wilderness that spans Minnesota’s Superior National Forest and Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada.
- Holland, Michigan - The area was settled by the Dutch in 1846, and this heritage remains a big part of the city’s current culture.
- Yellow Springs, Ohio - See a 78-mile-long Little Miami Scenic Trail that connects to the 752-acre John Bryan State Park. Also, many residents are artists.
Iowa's Most Beautiful Town In America
According to Architectural Digest, this small town in Iowa is the only one worth making it onto their list.
Rooted in Norwegian culture, this town is home to the country’s largest museum about an immigrant group (Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum) and flaunts many beautiful spots in nature, including Dunning’s Springs Park. It’s also a college town, thanks to Luther College.
Decorah, Iowa Is One Of The Most Beautiful Towns In America
There is a lot of beauty here, and you can capture it all with a top 10 things to do list here. The natural beauty alone is something special!