The Best Breakfast/Brunch Spots in Cedar Rapids [PHOTOS]
In the words of Leslie Knope: "Why would anyone ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"
Breakfast food is definitely one of my favorite food groups, so it only makes sense that I went on a hunt for great breakfast spots this morning. Don't get me wrong, I love a quick breakfast sandwich from McDonald's or a slice of breakfast pizza from Casey's, but sometimes I need more than that. As it turns out, there are lots of great restaurants and coffee shops to enjoy brunch and breakfast in the Cedar Rapids area!
I turned to Yelp to figure out the best local places to get brunch or breakfast, and they did not disappoint. Here are the top seven recommended places on the site:
- Breakfast House Cafe
- 820 6th St SW
- Currently open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lightworks Cafe
- 501 7th Ave S.E.
- Currently open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday
- They are only serving drinks and baked goods at this time
- Cafe St. Pio
- 99 16th Ave SW
- Open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday though Tuesday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday & Saturday
- Hwy 30 Diner
- 4330 16th Ave SW
- Open daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 1507 C St SW
- Open from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday and Sunday for brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 1202 3rd St SE
- Open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Riley's Cafe
- 836 First Avenue NE
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What are your favorite restaurants in the area for breakfast or brunch? Let us know in the comments below!