The Top 3 Craft Beers in the State of Iowa
Iowa definitely has its fair share of craft beers!
The folks at Thrillist put together a very detailed list of their top craft beer choices for each state, and two of the three selections from Iowa come from Decorah. The article says:
"Thrillist assembled a panel of our best beer writers, experts in their own respective regions, to pick the finest brews in each state. Our criteria? We looked for the pioneers, beers that made history, paved the way for others to excel--and beers that are simply the most beloved in that state."
Without further ado, the picks for Iowa are:
- Pulpit Rock Brewing Company Loopy Lynn
- Double IPA, 8.14%
- Decorah, Iowa
- "Mango, pineapple, guava, clementines, ripe kiwis -- you name it, it’s in there, countered by a smack of drying grapefruit pith and a cozy wash of fluffy, medium-bodied sweet malt."
- 515 Brewing Company Passé
- American Pale Ale, 5.9%
- Clive, Iowa
- "Pouring a foggy orange with sunny tangerine undertones, the crushable Pale Ale is almost as pretty to look at as it is to imbibe (almost). With bursts of fresh vine-ripened citrus erupting in every gulp, these guys have figured out how to make a beer that steers clear of any dank, resiny bitterness while also remaining impressive, interesting, and well-balanced"
- Toppling Goliath Brewing Company Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout
- Imperial Stout, 13%
- Decorah, Iowa
- "It drinks like a sweet breakfast landslide, oozing onto the palate on a 13% ABV bed of woodsy maple syrup, rich, nutty espresso, creamy milk chocolate, and soft wheated bourbon."
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company is actually one of the over 50 breweries that will be serving beer at the 2020 Cedar Rapids Beer Summit in March! You can see the full list of participating breweries and get your tickets for the event HERE.