Today is National Drink Wine Day
It's February 18th, which means it's time to have a glass of wine.
National Drink Wine Day, because why not? It's no longer Dry January, it's no longer 2020, and I've got a bottle already opened.
Some Wine Facts:
- Wine started in the Middle East, Asia, and Greece as far back as 6000 BC.
- The oldest known winery was discovered in a cave in Armenia, which was dated to 4,000 years old.
- Barrels of "fine wine" were found in the tombs of Egyptian Pharaohs.
- Ancient Greeks use wine in secret religious ceremonies.
- While grapes may have slightly changed in their structure, the process of wine hasn't changed.
National Today conducted a survey to find out what kind of wine, and how much of it we're drinking.
How many glasses do you put down in a sitting?
- 74%- 1-2 glasses
- 16%- 3-4 glasses
- 9%- 5 glasses to the whole bottle.
The survey also found 9% of people say wine gives them worse hangovers than any other alcohol.
9% of people only buy boxed wine, and 3% say they always end up crying when they drink wine.
Read more at National Today