Iowans Miss The Bar More Than The Gym
The pandemic has forced a lot of us into our homes, away from friends and family, out of routines, and out of bars and gyms. While most of us could use a drink and a treadmill at the same time, which states miss the bar or the gym more than the other?
A new survey has come out from American Addiction Centers, a leading provider of addiction treatment rehabilitation resources asking people in each state, "do you miss the bar or gym more?"
To answer this question, American Addiction Centers, conducted a survey of 3,000 aged 21+ and they found out which states like to sip it or get fit.
During their survey, American Addiction Centers found these interesting key facts:
- 28% admit they miss their local bartender
- 1 in 5 respondents admit they know their bartender on a first-name basis
- 59% of respondents say they have spent more money on liquor since the start of the pandemic than they have on exercise equipment/at-home workouts
- People tend to drink more during times of psychological and economic stress
- 1 in 3 have spent more time drinking than working out at home during the pandemic.
American Addiction Centers found that Iowans like to drink (shocker). The study found that they have missed drinking at their local bar more than going to the gym since the start of the pandemic (51% vs 49%).
American Addiction Centers found that Illinoisans think the opposite. The study found that they have missed going to the gym more than drinking at their local bar since the start of the pandemic (also 51% vs 49%).
See which one other states miss doing the most with the graphic below.